Ramblings.

January 18, 2007

EVEN MORE UNPUBLISHED ENTRIES

I am a good student, I know. HAHAHAHA. Note the sarcasm. BUT I do have more than 12 blogs ok! Even before my freak out housekeeping publishing thingo!

And again, I meant to post this particular entry ages ago.

That is, last week! Hahaha.

***
I was told by friends in The States that tsome people are trying to ban foie gras in San Francisco. I was totally shocked since I just had some in Masa's a few days ago. I dont think a lot of people realize that OTHER people find true (however momentary) happiness in food (and sometimes that's all they have even though they dont have any REAL problems except themselves).

Anyway, I Googled it and found this:



(excerpt from an article in some animal rights site)

But then on September 29, just one day before the deadline, Schwarzenegger surprised the animal welfare community by signing the foie gras bill into law. California instantly became the first state to adopt such a law—even though the law will allow the Golden State nearly eight years to implement it.

Schwarzenegger’s surprisingly strong support of the law echoed the backing that the bill has received during its passage through California’s legislature.

WHAT

HOW CAN ANYONE APPROVE A BILL THAT BANS THIS?



I can already feel my mouth watering. perfectly seared hudson valley foie gras with figs and aged balsamic vinegar sauce... and some of that mad chateau y'quem sauterne to top it all off. Shit. I would force-feed a duck and kill it myself for that experience every single time, if I had to.

I cant understand why a country that places such a premium on the freedom and liberty granted by CHOICE would deprive everyone of some fantastic foie gras just because some people think that a bunch of fucking ANIMALS shouldnt be force-fed to have fattened up livers for human consumption.

Who the fuck cares? They're just DUCKS! We stuff our pillows, duvets, and mattresses with their feathers, for god's sake. we're just going to cook them and eat them, ANYWAY. We might as well fatten up their livers and make good use of them.

(excerpt from the san francisco chronicle)
Aqua chef Laurent Manrique has been the victim of vandals who spray-painted his home and splashed his car with acid, and he has received threatening letters and videotapes.

So people think it's okay to trash the house and car of a perfectly respectable french chef just because he makes some of the best foie gras in san francisco? And it's okay to terrorize his family by videotaping his wife and children playing in their front yard to let manrique know that he is "being watched" and if he doesnt stop he will "be stopped"?

THIS IS SOCIAL TERRORISM.

I loathe these people as much as the PETArds who hang squirrel-like things outside of neiman. Why dont they just redirect their tree hugginess to helping homeless people, starving orphans, or ailing aids victims?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home